Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Happy Holidays: Dedicated to my Mom

Aloha readers! Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Bryanna Ashley and I am 19 years old (20 in a couple weeks!!). This would be my first post here at blogspot, and it just so happens it's Christmas; may you all rejoice on the day Jesus was born, celebrate through giving from your heart, and most importantly get drunk off some eggnog (JK lol)!


Well I guess let me start with why I am writing this post specifically. You see, I am not much for keeping up with diaries, planners, or calendars so much less a blog, however I was "persuaded" to create an account by my ever so caring mother.  She actually has a blog of her own, you may know her as SimplyyMayra over at PonderWonders and if you don't, I highly suggest you visit her blog, it's incredibly inspiring and I promise I'm not being biased...okay maybe just a little.  Anyways, she is a very soulful person and always believes in giving heartfelt gifts so I decided that as a Christmas present I would dedicate my very first blog post to her.

Did I mention her blog and how you should check her blog out at www.simplyymayra.com???



Just to tell you a bit about her, she is a very strong-willed, funky, creative, uniquely bodacious woman (also stubborn but it's okay I'm biased here too lol).  In fact the quote she lives by is: "I Am, Who I Am" simply meaning she will honor her truth and explore food for her soul not caring about the opinions of others. Those who care about her, must learn to accept that she is who she is, trust me I've learned to get over the embarrassment (also a joke, you must know by now that I am extremely sarcastic). But seriously she really doesn't care, she has these shoes she wears that I refer to as her "cinder-blocks" and let me not even get into that, but even I can't doubt that she rocks those shoes out!  Anyways the point is, this quote is something that inspires me everyday as I know it inspires many of her other readers. We should all live a little more like this, more for ourselves rather than for the judgment of others.

So now that you know a bit about my awesome mother, you must understand why I am so honored to give her the gift of dedicating my very first blog to her. What she doesn't know is that this blog is not her only present....drum roll please******************



You see something else you should know about my mother, she is a woman of many talents. She is an artist as passionately as she is a writer and trust me that's pretty passionate because she's on her blog religiously like 24/7. Because of this other talent, the real gift I have for her is a 2-hour Painting Fiesta Class. It's a 2-hour painting class available on any day of her choice, in which not only are the supplies provided to create herself a masterpiece which she can bring home and post up proudly, but it also serves as a party with chips, salsa, and the option to bring your own drinks to mingle with the other artists.  As if it wasn't meant for her already, the theme for every one of these classes is a "Multi-Cultural Fiesta" because the instructors incorporate information about various artists, cultures, and styles into each lesson encouraging her to express her vibrant Hispanic culture.

Love you Mom, hope you were surprised....

And if you weren't, well I have another present for you anyways....second drum roll please***********




My mother enjoys spending quality time together, so what better gift than a mother-daughter outing. "Where?", you may be asking, hmm....maybe to the Museum of Art in Fort Lauderdale (where she will be relocating to soon). Yup, that's right, I got two tickets to the Museum of Art, oh AND two audio tours, oh AND exclusive exhibitions including "SHARK", "Warhol and Cars: American Icons", and "Return to the Ashcan". I hope that in this outing we can focus on your passions and dreams like how you're constantly trying to push me in the direction of mine.

Well like they say in Looney Tunes, "That's All Folks!!". Merry Christmas mom, this was for you.
Love, Your Youngest.


No comments:

Post a Comment